MA—The Graduate Center, CUNY, 2016
Liberal Studies, concentration in Digital Humanities and certificate in Interactive Technology and Pedagogy
MLIS—Pratt Institute, Graduate School of Library and Information Science with distinction, 2009
Metadata, Archives & Special Collections Management
BA—Manhattanville College, 2006
Art History with honors
New York City College of Technology, City University of New York, Brooklyn, NY
Assistant Professor, User Services Librarian, August 2016 – present
[Instructor, July 2014 – August 2016]
• Coordinate the Library’s open educational resources program; promote education and awareness of open/alternative no cost educational materials across the college
• Coordinate library assessment and annual national statistics reporting
• Coordinate Interlibrary loan
• Subject specialist for Biology, Chemistry, Math, and Math Education departments: collect for, provide research services, and instruction by request
• Assist students and faculty with information and research requests at the reference desk
Lecturer, Administrative Support & Access Services Librarian, June 2013 – June 2014
• Substitute Coordinator of Circulation and Reserves
• Substitute Systems Librarian
New York University Libraries, Division of Knowledge, Access and Resource Management, New York, NY
Senior Processor for Acquisitions and Metadata, Global Processing Unit, April 2013 – June 2013
• Performed complex acquisitions and cataloging of electronic and physical intellectual resources for satellite campus libraries
• Trained and managed 5 student employees: assigned, reviewed tasks, created instructional
• Coordinated special record maintenance projects, monitored daily progress
Adjunct Cataloger, September 2009 – April 2013
• Performed original cataloging of foreign language and English single and multipart monograph collections for the Institute of Fine Arts and Bobst libraries; copy cataloged general and Fales Library collections
• Trained incumbent catalogers in cataloging rules, NYU processing guidelines, and Aleph ILS
Columbia University Libraries, Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library, New York, NY
Rare Books Cataloging Intern, September – December 2008
• Performed original cataloging of 19th and 20th century American building trade catalogs with Voyager ILS and OCLC Connexion
• Assigned subject access points based on local Avery Classics’ classification system cutters, and LCSH, LCGFT headings
Frick Art Reference Library, New York, NY
Photoarchive Intern, Summer 2007; January – June 2008
• Archived photo collection from William H. Schab gallery: identified artist/school of art work images, cataloged in institutional database, and housed in corresponding files
• Processed photographs for digitization project: removed, recorded, and prepared photographs
Library Research and Information Literacy instruction sessions:
• Organic Chemistry II (CHEM2323), Summer 2015 – present
• Open Educational Resources, Spring 2015 – present (See Resources for handouts, etc.)
Amaral, J., Cooney, C., Deutch, M., and Wacha, M. (2017, March). Reclaiming Knowledge as a Public Good: Librarians Leading Campus OER Initiatives. Presented at the Association for College and Research Libraries 2017, Baltimore, MD.
Cooney, C., Enamorado, A. H., Haas, B., Loeffler, H., and Seto, J. (2016, December). Open Educational Resources (OER): Affordability is just the beginning. Presented at the annual CUNY IT Conference, John Jay College, New York, NY.
Cooney, C., Edwards, C. McKinney, A., Parker, A., Pezzolanti, S., Reitz, J., and Sibley, D. (2016, May). City Tech’s OpenLab Online Community: Walking the Talk of Openness in Undergraduate Education. Presented at the annual CUE Conference, Hostos Community College, New York, NY.
Belli, J., Cooney, C., Corbett, P., Henkle, S., Matthews, A., McKinney, A. Rosen, R., Westengard, L. (2015, December). City Tech’s OpenLab: Community innovation and integration. Presented at the annual CUNY IT Conference, John Jay College, New York, NY.
Cooney, C. (2015, November). Engage OER. Presented at OpenCon 2015, Brussels, Belgium.
Cooney, C., Gold, M., Smyth, P., and Zweibel, S. (2015, January). DH Box: a push-button digital humanities laboratory. Presented at the METRO annual conference, Baruch College, New York, NY.
Cooney, C. (2017, May). A practical introduction to Open Educational Resources. Workshop presented at the 3rd Annual CUNY Online Education Conference, John Jay College, New York, NY.
Cooney, C., Amaral, J., Deutch, M., Goyette, M., and Wacha, M. (2016, April). CUNY Panel on Open Educational Resources. Presented at OER is Happening at CUNY/SUNY, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York, NY.
Cooney, C., Rogers, K., Seto, J., and Waltzer L. (2016, April). Open pedagogy, student engagement, and OER. Presented at OER is Happening at CUNY/SUNY, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York, NY.
Cooney, C. Open Educational Resources Initiative at City Tech. Presented at CUNY Libraries’ Open Educational Resources, Leonard Leaf Library, Lehman College, Bronx, NY.
Cooney, C., Stevens, G., and Zweibel, S. (2014, May). DH Box: a digital humanities lab in the cloud. Presented at Academic Center for Excellence in Research & Teaching (ACERT) lunchtime seminar, Hunter College, New York, NY.
Open Educational Resources (OER) Committee (chair) 2014 – present
Website Committee 2014 – present
Scholarly Communications Committee 2015 – present
Public Relations, Outreach, and Marketing Committee 2015 – present
Exhibitions Committee 2015 – present
OneSearch Task Force Committee (chair) 2014 – 2015
Technology Fee Committee (chair) 2014 – Spring 2015
Library Department Secretary 2014 – 2015
Collection Development Committee 2013 – 2014
COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY SERVICE
City Tech Middle States Self Study Working Group, 2016 – present
City Tech School of Arts & Sciences Assessment Committee, 2015 – present
CUNY Office of Library Services Open Educational Resources (OER) Task Force, 2015 – present
Library Association of CUNY Scholarly Communications Roundtable, 2014 – present
Library Association of CUNY Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Roundtable, 2014 – present
CUNY Office of Library Services Public Services Committee, Spring 2015
CUNY Office of Library Services Circulation Committee, 2013 – 2015
CUNY Office of Library Services Systems Committee, 2014
SPARC Libraries & OER Forum, 2015 – present